NoSQL Cloud data services provide scalability and high availability properties for web applications but at the same time they sacrifice data consistency and restrict the types of queries they support. CloudTPS is a scalable transaction manager to allow cloud database services to execute the ACID transactions, join queries and secondary-key queries, even in the presence of server failures and network partitions. It is implemented as a middleware layer which can run on top of an existing cloud data store (we currently support HBase and SimpleDB backends).
New (25/5/2011): Version 0.2 features major performance improvements and support for join queries!
- Software download: CloudTPS-0.2.tar.gz (1,770,244 bytes).
- Check the user manual.
- CloudTPS is open-source software under the BSD licence.
- Consistent Join Queries in Cloud Data Stores. Zhou Wei, Guillaume Pierre and Chi-Hung Chi. In Proceedings of the 12th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid), May 2012.
- CloudTPS: Scalable Transactions for Web Applications in the Cloud. Zhou Wei, Guillaume Pierre and Chi-Hung Chi. In IEEE Transactions on Services Computing 5(4), October-December 2012.
- Service-Oriented Data Denormalization for Scalable Web Applications. Zhou Wei, Jiang Dejun, Guillaume Pierre, Chi-Hung Chi and Maarten van Steen. In Proceedings of the WWW2008 Conference, April 2008. Best student paper award
- Aggregate Queries in NoSQL Cloud Data Stores. Plamen Nikolov. Master’s thesis, Vrije Universiteit, August 2011.
- Data Placement in a Scalable Transactional Data Store. Björn Patrick Swift. Master’s thesis, Vrije Universiteit, February 2012.